Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $63,0000 - $65,000
This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
Organizational Summary:This project is funded through a grant from the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) and is administratively housed in the Institute for School Reform in the Department of Educational and Psychological Studies in the College of Education on the Tampa campus of the University of South Florida. The Department houses five academic areas: School Psychology, Exercise Science, Instructional Technology, and Measurement and Research which are graduate-degree programs, and Educational Psychology and Social Foundations of Education, which are academic support programs, but do not offer degrees. The Department includes approximately 30 faculty, plus a Department Chair on the Tampa campus. The Department offers courses directly relating to its degree-granting programs, as well as courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels for students across the University.
Position Summary: The Secondary School Counseling Consultant is responsible for collaborating, communicating, disseminating information, and providing leadership to school districts, other discretionary projects and the FDOE regarding effective secondary school level counseling practices and programs. The consultant will provide strong leadership in promoting the implementation and best professional practices in the delivery of school counseling services, and utilizing an integrated student support services model within a multi-tiered system of supports including team-based problem solving and response to intervention practices.Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance for secondary school counseling, student progression, and the Florida Course Code Directory in the state's 67 school districts.
- Provide strong leadership in promoting the implementation and best professional practices in the delivery of school counseling services, including the use of a problem-solving/response to intervention model that emphasized evidence-based instruction and interventions.
- Collaborate with other student services areas (school psychology, school nursing, school social work, positive behavior support) in the implementation of effective instruction and intervention practices. Serve as liaison and provide technical assistance to the Department of Education, other state and community departments and agencies, professional associations, and university training programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education or equivalent with one year of experience in a professional training position; or a Master's degree in the same field. Certain grants and programs may also have specific education and/or certification requirements specific to the subject matter area of the program.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher in school guidance and counseling or related area in student services.
- Experience in a leadership role in student services, secondary school counseling.
- Experience with the delivery of comprehensive school counseling services within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Minimum five years' experience in secondary school counseling or student services area.
- Experience and knowledge related to middle school student progression, standard diploma requirements, statewide assessment requirements, acceleration programs, transfer of high school credits, student educational records, and postsecondary admissions processes.
- Experience with developing and implementing professional development for educational leaders (school, district, state, university partners).
Directions to apply for this position:
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- On the Welcome to Careers@USF page, click Search Jobs Now.
- Click Advanced Search.
- At Job Opening ID, enter 14588, and click Search.
- Select Secondary School Counselor Consultant for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply button to begin your application.