Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $65,000 - $73,500
This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
100% Grant Funded.
Position Summary: The School Nurse Consultant will collaborate with consultants from other student services professions as part of the Student Support Services Project. The School Nurse Consultant is responsible for collaborating, communicating, disseminating information, and providing leadership to school districts, agencies, other discretionary projects and the FDOE regarding evidence-based school nurse practices and effective school health programs that support the learning and well-being of student populations. The consultant will provide strong leadership in promoting the implementation and best practices in the delivery of student health services, and utilizing an integrated student support services model within a multi-tiered system of supports, including inter-professional team-based problem solving and response to intervention practices. This project is awarded to the University of South Florida. The physical location of the position is in Tallahassee, FL.
Special requirements: Incumbent must hold a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Florida.Responsibilities:
- Promotes professional development programs for school nurses and other school health personnel to implement evidence-based practices that protect and promote student health, safety, and academic success. This position will provide strong leadership through developing and disseminating technical guidance and professional development materials, providing regional trainings and technical assistance sessions to school and district personnel, and providing technical assistance to school district personnel on implementation of best practices.
- Develops and delivers training and information to Florida school district personnel, school nurses, health care providers, parents, and others regarding effective school health services, including federal and state laws, statutes, regulations, and scope and standards of school nursing practices to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of students. Provides multiple forms of technical assistance (face-to-face, phone, video-conference, and written guidance and support) as needed.
- Serves as a liaison with FDOE, state and national agencies, professional organizations, colleges and universities, district and school personnel to provide technical assistance for the development and delivery of inter-professional student health services that support positive health and learning outcomes.
- Conduct analyses of proposed legislation before and during the Annual Florida Legislative session. Assist in the development and implementation of approved legislation and State Board of Education rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or allied health field, Education, Adult Education, or equivalent field with one year of experience in a professional training position; or a Master's degree in the same field.
- A Master's or Doctoral Degree in Nursing, Education, Public Health, or Mental Health and 3 years of experience is preferred.
- Nationally Certified School Nurse (NCSN); Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN); licensed in the state of Florida.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in the delivery of school nursing services; public health; and/or mental health. Experience with multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) and integrated student support services.
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- On the Welcome to Careers@USF page, click Search Jobs Now.
- Click Advanced Search.
- At Job Opening ID, enter 24378, and click Search.
- Select School Nurse Consultant for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply button to begin your application.
- When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.