Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $66,000 - $73,500
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA.
100% Grant Funded.
Position Summary: The Student Services Consultant will collaborate with School Counseling, School Psychology, School Social Work, School Nursing, and Medicaid Consultants as part of the Student Support Services Project. The Student Support Services Project is physically located in the FDOE in Tallahassee, Florida. The Student Services Consultant is responsible for collaborating, communicating, disseminating information, and providing leadership to school districts, other discretionary projects and the FDOE regarding effective school mental health practices and programs. The consultant will provide strong leadership in promoting the implementation and delivery of effective school mental health practices and services, and in utilizing an integrated student support services model within a multi-tiered system of supports.
Special Requirements: Off campus, position is located in Tallahassee.
- Provides guidance, support, training, and technical assistance (face-to-face, phone, and written) to Florida school district personnel focused on the implementation of effective instruction and intervention processes and practices; strategies for providing school-based mental health prevention and intervention services; and elementary school progression, statewide assessment requirements, acceleration programs, and student educational records.
- Develops and disseminates technical guidance and professional development materials; organizes and facilitates regional trainings and technical assistance sessions to school and district personnel; and provides technical assistance to school district personnel on mplementation of integrated student services practices. Promotes best practices in the professional delivery of school counseling services, including the use of an integrated student services model that emphasizes evidence-based instruction and interventions within a multi-tiered system of supports.
- Collaborates with other state consultants (School Psychology, School Nurse, School Social Work, and Positive Behavior Support) to develop training, technical assistance, and products designed to promote an integrated approach to research-based practices for student services personnel in Florida.
- Serves as liaison and provides technical assistance to the FDOE, other state and community departments and agencies, professional associations, and university training programs. Provides guidance regarding the role of student services personnel in providing comprehensive services in Florida school districts; best practices in providing services to students at-risk for academic, behavioral, social-emotional, and physical health problems; and facilitating linkages between school districts and other agencies that serve students at-risk.
- Conducts analyses of proposed legislation and assists in the development and implementation of State Board of Education rules. Bill analyses occur approximately within the two months prior to and throughout the annual Florida legislative session.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a field directly related to the program responsibilities and two years of professional experience; or Master's degree in an area of specialization appropriate for the program.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a leadership role in student services.
- Experience with the delivery of comprehensive school mental health services within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- Experience and knowledge related to providing effective school-based mental health services.
- Experience developing and implementing professional development for student services professions, instructional staff, and educational leaders (school, district, state, university partners).
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx.
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one. Note: If you are a current employee of our organization please sign into GEMS Self-Service using MyUSF, to apply for this opening.
- On the Careers page, enter 27421 in the Search Jobs field and click >>.
- Select Student Service Consultant for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply for Job button to begin your application.
- When applying for an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
- For more information on applying for employment at USF, go to https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/how-to-use-careers-at-usf.aspx.