Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA.
100% Grant Funded.
Position Summary: The Federal Grant Specialist provides support for federal programs and for Strategic Improvement initiatives through grant management processes. Grant management processes include implementing grant new grant application procedures, reviewing grant applications, monitoring awarded grants, and reporting data from grant programs. The Grant Specialist must interact professionally with all stakeholders while demonstrating, modeling, and reinforcing the Department's fundamental values of quality, fairness, cooperation, respect, commitment, excellence, honesty, and teamwork.
Special Requirements: Position is located in Tallahassee, FL.
- Reviews applications from sub-grant recipients, including plans, budgets, and deliverables. Evaluates applications and uses own judgement to determine if sufficient documentation and evidence of specific grant requirements has been provided. Provides feedback and guidance to assigned school districts to ensure all steps involved in the annual renewal process for grantees are completed and recorded by the stated deadline.
- Monitors districts and schools to ensure compliance with sub-grant rules, requirements, and processes. Performs on-site compliance monitoring activities for identified districts. Ensures that districts meet specific requirements as evidenced in plans, budgets, documentation, etc. submitted as part of the application process. Provides guidance and support to school district to ensure that compliance with grant requirements is well documented.
- In conjunction with FDOE personnel, maintains compliance with all applicable federal and state grant requirements. Communicates updates to and applies statutes, rules, regulations, non-regulatory guidelines, technical assistance papers and reports, United States Department of Education program directives, state board rules, and other requirements related to the administration of grant program(s). Prepares reports for external evaluators, auditors, and the United States Department of Education.
- Collaborates with FDOE, school, and district stakeholders to develop and implement plans, processes, and professional learning opportunities to build stakeholder capacity and facilitate more effective and efficient grant submissions, compliance, and program implementation. Attends national and state conferences and meetings. Serves as a resource for FDOE, school, and district stakeholders to help navigate adherence to grant requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in education, business, or related field and two years of professional experience; or Master's degree in an area of specialization appropriate for the program.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimum requirements, grant management experience is preferred and needed to carry out essential job duties.Special Skills/Training:
- Able to establish and maintain well-organized, efficient systems.
- Knowledge of data management and record keeping.
- Knowledge of grants.
- Able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skllls that lead to an effective working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-directed behavior and performance.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word programs.
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx.
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one. Note: If you are a current employee of our organization please sign into GEMS Self-Service using MyUSF, to apply for this opening.
- On the Careers page, enter 27506 in the Search Jobs field and click >>.
- Select Federal Grant Specialist for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply for Job button to begin your application.
- When applying for an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
- For more information on applying for employment at USF, go to https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/how-to-use-careers-at-usf.aspx.