Why does Student Support Services exist as a project?
Given the reality and variety of existing barriers to learning, the Student Support Services Project exists to develop and promote the implementation of a statewide system of comprehensive, multi-tiered supports for social, emotional, behavioral, mental, physical health, and safety so that all students engage in effective academic and behavioral instruction and interventions.
What does the project do?
- Provides policy and legislative analysis
- Provides statewide leadership development
- Provides technical assistance and training
- Develops, promotes, and supports innovative practices for student services personnel and other educators to coordinate systems and improve student outcomes
What behaviors describe our way of work?
- Applying evidence-based practices internally and externally by using multiple sources of data within the team-based planning and problem solving process
- Integrating and aligning efforts across areas of expertise both vertically and horizontally to result in a unified, comprehensive, and efficient system of supports for learning
- Connecting our efforts to student outcomes by removing barriers to learning for improved student engagement