Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $55,0000 - $80,000
This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
100% Grant Funded.
Position Summary: The Project Director serves as the administrator for the Student Support Services Project (University of South Florida), a discretionary project from the Florida Department of Education. The Student Support Services Project provides training, technical assistance, and support to school districts and the Florida Department of Education on student services issues such as credentialing, roles and responsibilities, and evaluation of student services personnel; provision of effective mental health and other related student services in schools; special education eligibility determination and Individualized Education Plans (IEP); and Medicaid reimbursement. The Project Director is responsible for collaborating and coordinating with the Principal Investigator regarding grant planning, implementation, and monitoring; for supervision and support of the project professional and support staff responsible for providing training, technical assistance and support to school, district, and state stakeholders; and for coordinating with the Bureau Chief of the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services to facilitate the Project?s integration within the Florida Department of Education and collaboration with Department staff and other statewide agencies. This project is awarded to the University of South Florida. The physical location of the position is in Tallahassee, FL.Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Student Support Services Project Principal Investigator, engages in strategic planning for annual project goals, activities, and evaluation, as well as monitoring project deliverables. Manages the planning and implementation of program goals to fulfill the objectives of the project. Implements appropriate procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy. Manages the development of internal systems and materials for delivery of programs and services.
- Serves as the primary liaison with the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services (BEESS). Coordinates with BEESS Bureau Chief to support Department goals and activities related to facilitating effective student services in schools.
- Supervises and supports the project professionals (School Psychology, School Counseling, School Social Work, School Nursing, Medicaid in Schools and the PEER Statewide IEP System Consultants) and support staff, including facilitating the development of work plans, facilitating professional development opportunities, problem-solving barriers to completing assigned tasks, and personnel evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the goals and mission of the program.
Minimum Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a field directly related to the program responsibilities and seven years of professional experience; or Master's degree and five years of professional experience.
- Master's degree or higher in Education or directly related field. Five years of experience at the state education department and/or district leadership levels.
- Preference is given to candidates with Educational Leadership certification or its equivalent.
- Candidates with the following experience are preferred:
- Student Services;
- staff supervision and problem-solving;
- working with inter-agency collaboration;
- systems level problem-solving;
- the organization of Student Services and Exceptional Student Education within a MTSS model, including allocation, delivery and evaluation of those services;
- developing, delivering and evaluating professional development programs and activities;
- the use of technology in the delivery of instructional and instructional support services to accelerate student growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Go to Careers@USF at http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx
- Scroll down and click on Access Careers@USF.
- On the Welcome to Careers@USF page, click Search Jobs Now.
- Click Advanced Search.
- At Job Opening ID, enter 19846, and click Search.
- Select Project Director for a detailed job description.
- Click the Apply button to begin your application.
- When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.